Monday, October 7, 2013

Chocolate Pistachio Muffin

The past 2-3 months have been busy not to mention the busiest summer I had. Juggling between summer camp, working full time and overseas family relatives, it was a hectic summer but time well spent. I cooked quite a few authentic Konkani dishes when we had family members visiting but unfortunately didn't find time to plate, capture images and update on my blog. Never the less, I also had the luxury to enjoy good fresh food waiting when I got back from work.
Summer went by like a breeze and we are back to school routine. No more lazy weekends!
I hope to edit and post recipes that have been sitting in my inbox for awhile. My sister-in-law recently said she was bored seeing Batate Upkari on my home page every time she logged onto my blog!

Weekday mornings are always busy, and with school bus arriving by 6:45 am sometimes breakfast is on-the-go. Brainstorming options, first on my list was Banana Bread, something that everyone likes at home. But I was tempted to try something that I hadn't baked for a very long time. While browsing through my huge collection of recipe that I mostly inherited from my Mother, I found this to be quick and easy and these Muffins turned out great.




Ingredients:

1/2 cup margarine, melted
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips + 2 tbsp for topping
1/2 cup pistachio, coarsely chopped + 2 tbsp for topping


How it's made:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, beat melted margarine, egg, vanilla and milk. Mix in dry ingredients until well combined.
Grease or line muffin pan with paper cups. Fill each muffin cup until half filled. Top with reserved chocolate chips and pistachio.




Bake for 20 mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.




Makes: about 15 muffins


No comments:

Post a Comment